We Respect Your Privacy
At Hashtag tickets* the security of personal information that we collect is of utmost importance to us. El Plan Events is a trading name of El Plan Events LTD (company number 15035742) (ICO Registration Number: ZB576765 ) collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies in the United Kingdom and we are responsible as the ‘data controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Please note that where we pass your personal information to third parties we deal with when providing services to you such as promoters, venues and event partners ("third parties") such third parties will themselves be responsible for processing your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies as data controllers. We are not responsible for how they process your personal information where they are acting as a data controller in relation to your personal information. You will need to contact them directly in order to exercise your rights in relation to your personal information.
What kinds of personal information does Hashtag tickets collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
• your Hashtag tickets username;
• your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
• your email address;
• your date of birth;
• your gender;
• transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
• credit card details, if you make a purchase with us or choose to have these stored in your online My Hashtag tickets account to make the checkout process faster;
• any preferences that you select; and
• any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Our services are neither directed nor intended for use by minors under the age of 16. Hashtag tickets does not knowingly collect personal information of minors. If Hashtag tickets learns that it has done so, it will delete such information. Do not access or use Ticketek’s services if you are under the age of 16 unless you have the consent of your parent or guardian.
How does Hashtag Tickets collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
• make a purchase through our network which includes our website, mobile site, Hashtag tickets App, call centre, group bookings department, national agency network or box offices;
• register as a Hashtag tickets member via our website, mobile site or Hashtag tickets App;
• participate in a Hashtag tickets survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign;
• indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from Ticketek;
• sign up to a waitlist or an event
• use certain features accessible from the Hashtag tickets App;
• make an inquiry or a complaint;
• have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
In certain circumstances, we may also collect personal information about you in the course of combining and analysing different data sets which, in and of themselves, may not contain personal information.
In the event you make an application to purchase tickets with accessible seating via Ticketek, we may also collect health data from you. We need certain health data from you in order to assess your application for accessible seats and to manage future accessibility ticket purchases. We will only process this data for these purposes and on the basis of your consent. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Sometimes we collect personal information about you from other sources, for example:
• people making a purchase on your behalf;
• our business clients such as venues, promoters and sporting clubs; or
• third party suppliers and contractors who assist us to operate our business, such as:
• information technology suppliers
• marketing and digital services suppliers
• research and development organisations
• data partners
• analytics consultants; and
• publicly available sources of information
Also, from time to time Hashtag tickets collects personal information about individuals who are not customers. This is usually where we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in a government agency or company with whom we deal. Ticketek's policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the main business purpose for which it was collected.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of personal data including name, address, email address, phone number etc is required from you to enable us to tailor communications and ensure you are up to date with information regarding any ticket purchase or event. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us. If you don't provide us with the personal information requested or the information provided is incorrect or incomplete, this could impact the level of service we are able to provide to you. For example, we will not be able to contact you in the case of an event cancellation or venue change.
How does Hashtag tickets hold personal information?
Hashtag tickets may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about, or which we attribute to, you, including:
• information (personal or otherwise) that we collect from our website and mobile site (as described in our Cookie Consent Tool) or from third parties; and
• personal information we receive from our group companies and client businesses, who, in common with us, have a relationship with you and where we understand that you have consented to such group companies and client businesses sharing your personal information with us.
We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Hashtag tickets protects the personal information it collects in a secure database stored by our third party data storage provider. It is in proprietary data format, which can only be read using proprietary tools.
Data collected online is stored in a Microsoft SQL database; a protected, secure data centre that is unreachable by the internet. Hashtag tickets encrypts data sent from your computer to our systems during internet transactions. Hashtag tickets also employs firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against unauthorised persons and viruses from entering our systems.
Hashtag tickets employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by Hashtag tickets as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required sign in and use a password when accessing Hashtag tickets systems and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
What are the purposes for which Hashtag tickets may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Hashtag tickets will use your personal information for the primary purpose of providing you with ticketing services such as to process any ticket or other purchase you may have made with us, and to contact you if there is an event cancellation or change in event details, or for the replacement of lost tickets.
In addition, we may use your personal information for other purposes including:
• to get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us in order to identify ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
• managing your dealings with us as a My Hashtag tickets member;
• so that where you have consented to this we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
• where you have consented to this to allow our related companies to promote their products and services to you and those of their partners;
• so that venue operators and promoters of events for which you purchase tickets. event partners, sponsors, sporting clubs, authorised ticket onsellers and resellers can use it for operational purposes and with your consent for marketing and promotional purposes;
• detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorised ticket onselling;
• for business research and development of new products and services, including for My Hashtag tickets members and our business clients;
• to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or our partners run;
• displaying content and advertising (including in relation to tickets and events) that is customised to your interests, preferences and experiences, including through online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation activities;
• verifying your identity;
• so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling; and
• for the conduct of data analytics and predicting trends;
• with your consent for marketing services in connection with the products and services we provide;
• fulfil purposes otherwise required/permitted by law; and
• to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
Sometimes Hashtag tickets will produce aggregated data. Hashtag tickets may also receive aggregated data from its third party suppliers and contractors or business customers. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. Hashtag tickets uses, and may combine, the aggregated data it produces and receives for research purposes and in connection with products and services we provide to our business clients.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. We will tell you about these at the point of collection.
Marketing and Communication Preferences
You can manage your Hashtag tickets communication and marketing preferences in a number of ways, eg within your My Hashtag tickets account if you are an online customer; or by contacting our Privacy Officer. In addition, any marketing communications that we send to you may also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
Under the GDPR we need to have a lawful basis for processing your personal information in relation to the processing in question.
The primary lawful basis we use is that the processing is for the purposes of legitimate interests of us or a relevant third party (such as the operation of our business and to provide the tailored services you would expect from a leading ticket agency and service provider and to prevent and detect fraud). For example, we would rely on this basis in order to provide you with ticketing services such as to process any ticket or other purchase you may have made with us, and to contact you if there is an event cancellation or change in event details, or for the replacement of lost tickets. We may also rely on an additional basis that the processing in question is necessary for the performance of a contract for which you are a party or relates to steps taken at your request to enter into such a contract.
We rely on consent as a lawful basis where we require this in order to lawfully market you and to pass your data to third parties (such as venue operators, promoters and event partners) to allow them to do so. Where we are relying on your consent you are entitled to withdraw your consent for the processing in question at any time. Otherwise we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes.
We may also process your personal information where needed to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Who might Hashtag tickets disclose my personal information to?
Hashtag tickets may disclose your personal information:
• to venue operators and to promoters of events for which you purchase tickets. Hashtag tickets discloses your personal information to such organisations for operational purposes. If you consent, these organisations may use this information to provide you with promotional and marketing material about their events via email. You may change your preference to receive email marketing at any time directly with the organisations which have obtained your information. If you do not have their details, you can contact Ticketek's Privacy Officer directly;
• to event partners, sponsors, sporting clubs, authorised ticket onsellers and resellers who (unless you give a separate consent) will only use it for operational purposes, for example, to provide you with additional information about the event or venue that you are attending; and
• to other EL PLAN EVENTS Limited (EPE) group companies and their contractors (such as data management providers). EPE group companies include Hashtag tickets Pty Ltd, El Plan PTY LtD, and any entities that may in future become part of the EPE group of companies or in which EPE may have an interest. Hashtag tickets may disclose your personal information to these entities for the purposes of, for example, responding to customer enquiries, ensuring that information collected is accurate, complete and up-to-date, producing anonymised and aggregated information for the benefit of other EPE companies, and enabling us and other EPE companies to better understand and meet your needs and interests. EPE may also use its affiliated companies and their contractors to process personal information on EPE's behalf including where EPE has outsourced certain services to them – for example where we have one contact person within our group in the UK for data protection queries and compliance.
• to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you. Hashtag tickets may disclose your personal information to third party contractors and service providers who, for example, help us operate our computer systems, provide us with fraud prevention services, operate certain features accessible from our website such as the Adboost platform, send out our mail/email and clean collected data and who perform data analysis to group demographic attributes of individuals. Such persons include:
o Adobe Audience Manager to serve as a Data Management Platform
o Campaign Monitor to allow Hashtag tickets UK to Send Email Marketing and Information based emails.
o Facebook/Twitter to allow Hashtag tickets to communicate to customers via social media
o Google to allow Google to Tailor your search to you
o DV360 to allow Hashtag tickets UK to communicate with customers across the Web
o Zendesk to allow Hashtag tickets UK to receive and respond to customer enquiries
• to any third party in connection with the sale or transfer of our business
Otherwise, Hashtag tickets will only disclose your personal information:
• where we are required to do so by law;
• if the disclosure is permitted under the General Data Protection Regulation (as it applies in the UK); or
• if you have consented to the disclosure.
How long your personal information will be kept?
We will only keep your personal data for (a) as long as this is necessary to provide services to you and to keep you informed in accordance with your marketing preferences; and (in any event) (b) for as long as we are required to do so for legal, accounting or tax purposes or for as long as we need to keep it to bring or defend legal claims or for other reasonable reasons. For more information on our data retention periods please contact our Privacy Officer.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address;
• access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information;
• require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold; • require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
• receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
• object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
• object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
• object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information; and
• otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on your consent as the legal basis for our processing (e.g. direct marketing).
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
ICO Registration Number: ZB576765
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email, call or write to [email protected], our Data Protection Representative;
• let us have enough information to identify you by sharing your name and email address that you hold a Hashtag tickets Account with;
• let us have proof of your identity and address (for example, by providing a copy of your driving licence, passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
• let us know the information to which your request relates for example, an order confirmation ID, Date of Transaction, details of your transaction.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any marketing emails you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the marketing email. This will direct you to your ‘My account’ unsubscribe page which can also be visited at any time to unsubscribe from marketing emails. It may take up to 4 working days for this to take place.
Complaints and how to contact our Privacy Officer
We hope that we or our Privacy Officer can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. Our Privacy Officer can be contacted by:
• e-mail at [email protected]
• 71-75, Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, UNITED KINGDOM
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner in the UK who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Last updated 15 September 2023
*Hashtag tickets means Hashtag tickets UK Limited